The Finnish University Network for Geoinformatics (Fiuginet) organizes the annual Geoinformatics Research Days on Monday, May 15th and Tuesday, May 16th on Aalto University Otaniemi campus, Espoo.
On Monday, we will have two keynote speeches, given by professor Qunshan Zhao from University of Glasgow and chief engineer Antti Jakobsson from Finnish Geospatial Research Institute. After this the Monday programme will include scientific presentations and programme arranged together with Geoinformatics students.
On Tuesday, we will have a number of scientific presentations, and the the day will culminate in a panel about the role of open geodata in the changing world. More detailed programme can be found below.
The conference is free of charge. You can follow the programme on-line using Zoom: https://aalto.zoom.us/j/69631926458
Time: Monday, May 15th and Tuesday, May 16th, at 9:00-15:00.
Location: The chemistry building, Kemistintie 1, Otaniemi Campus, Aalto University.
Registration by Tuesday, May 9th. Register to the event using this form: https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/89A4FE79D740CC68. You can also access the form using the QR-code below:
Programme, Monday the 15th
9:15-10:40 Plenary Session
- Qunshan Zhao: Understanding building energy efficiency with administrative and emerging urban big data by deep learning in Glasgow, Urban Big Data Center, University of Glasgow, UK.
- Antti Jakobsson: Location Innovation Hub, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute
10:40-11:00 Coffee break
11:00-13:00 Presentation Session 1
- Matti Pönkänen: Measuring equity of access in Finland with open-sourced GIS-tools, Aalto University & Flou
- Niina Käyhkö & Mercy Mbise: Tanzania Resilience Academy – transformative climate actions through digital data, tools and community engagement, University of Turku
- Pyry Kettunen, Anssi Jussila: Smartphone positioning accuracy and characteristics of volunteered geographic information from Pyykkijahti, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute
- Kylli Ek: CSC services for spatial data research, latest news, CSC
13:00 -14:00 Lunch
14:00-15:00 Student programme
- Programme aimed primarily at geoinformatics students
Programme, Tuesday the 16th
9:05-10:30 Presentation Session 3
- Jukka Krisp: Directed Kernel Density Estimation (DKDE) revisited, University of Augsburg
- Tuomas Väisänen: Geographical and linguistic perspectives to exploring urban diversity with large data sets, University of Helsinki
- Riikka Jantunen: ESRI Land Cover Data in Research, ESRI Finland
10:30-11:00 Coffee break
11:00-12:30 Presentation Session 4
- Augustine-Moses Gaavwase Gbagir, Alfred Copaert: Experiences with OpenDroneMap in a Multi-Platform Environment, University of Eastern Finland
- Teemu Jama: Data Papers – An online tool for data-based research collaboration, Aalto University
- Juha Oksanen: Geoportti 2.0 latest developments, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute
12:30 -13:30 Lunch
13:30-15:00 Session 3
- Panel discussion: Open Geodata in the changing world
- Closing words